How many people loved to watch El Chavo del Ocho when they were a child? Use this easy and cheap centerpiece for your older child’s fiesta!
El Chavo Characters photo printed about 7-10 inches tall
16 oz Water Bottle
Popsicle Sticks (about 20 per barrel)
Brown Paper Shreds
Small Water Balloons
Hanging Birthday Decor
Straw Birthday Decorations
Sparkly Pipe Cleaners
Hot Glue Gun
- Measure the height of the barrel with the popsicle stick, this will be where you cut the plastic bottle. Let about 3/4 of an inch of the popsicle stick hang off the top of the water bottle.
- Use the hot glue gun to glue each popsicle stick around the outside of the water bottle. Fill the sides until complete!
- Using the 5/8th” Ribbon, measure around the barrel, cut two pieces of the 5/8th” ribbon, creating the metal hoops. Repeat with the 3/8th” ribbon. Hot glue each piece of ribbon around the barrel.
- After you have picked out and printed the characters, carefully cut them out. Make sure you print the “El Chavo” logo!
- Tape the characters on to the straw decorations.
Use all different characters and sizes!
- Using a razor blade, cut a piece of flower foam big enough to fit inside the barrel. Hot glue the foam piece inside of the barrel.
- For the second piece of decor that will be in the barrel, break your kabobs in half for some variety in height.
- Cut different pieces out of the string decor and tape them individually to your kabobs.
- Blow up 3 small water balloons using colors that will match your decor. We used green, white, and red!
- Make the third piece of decor. Twist/tie all 3 balloons together using the pipe cleaner to hold them together while then working the pipe cleaner around the kabob stick.
- Tape the cut out of “El Chavo” onto the front of your barrel.
- Push all 3 of your decorated pieces into the flower foam.
-El Chavo Character(s) -Balloons
-Birthday Decoration (s)
- Place the brown paper shreds into the barrel to cover the flower foam.
Be creative and have fun with this! Use a variety of matching colors to fit your event, use different sizes, characters and more.
-Type phrases or table numbers relevant to your party and print them with a white background. Cut the sayings out as voice bubbles to act as if the characters are saying them.
-Glue shiny pipe cleaners around the voice bubble to decorate them.
-Print or cut out just the heads of each character for one centerpiece.