We all have those mornings when we’re pressed for time and doing our full makeup routine is simply not an option. We need some quick makeup steps, before running out the door. On those days, instead of heading out feeling less than put together, take five minutes to do this slimmed-down look and you’ll feel beautiful all day without being late for work!
- Prime Time – Before you get started, it’s going to help the rest of the process if you even out your complexion by applying a primer. Choose one based on your skin tone and texture that will address any redness or unevenness that you may have.
- Apply Your Foundation – Skipping foundation may save time, but you don’t have to do it if you apply it wisely. Go with a slightly lighter shade that can be brushed on quickly without having to worry about blending so much. A light makeup look is accomplished with a lighter weight formula, it will go on quickest with a large brush or even your fingers.
- Add Some Color – this 5-minute makeup routine does not give enough time for contouring, so that’s out for the day. Instead, add a little bit of color to your cheeks with a light dusting of blush. If it’s summertime, you can add a little bit of bronzer to warm up your face a bit. Remember, though, this is a light makeup day so don’t go overboard!
- Quick Eye – Next, do your eye makeup but keep it simple. A quick coat of mascara and either some liner or shadow should be enough for this light makeup look. Unless you’re a pro, you probably won’t have time to do a cat-eye so try a carefree smudged look instead.
- Add a Little Lip Service – A lighter makeup look probably means you’re going to skip the bold red lips for the day but that doesn’t mean you have to go out there with bare lips. Smear on some gloss in a shade that’s one or two darker than your natural lips. Or, go with a balm or chapstick that adds a little bit of sheen without the color.
Time’s up! Put your makeup brushes down and step away! How do you look? While you may not feel as glamorous as you do after putting on a full face of makeup, we bet you still look lovely and certainly presentable enough for whatever the day holds. It just goes to show that your natural beauty is more than enough for days when you don’t have the time to do all of that contouring and highlighting. Now get a move on it! You’re probably running late!