Here you are! Ready to book a wedding or quinceanera ceremony venue tour. Are you excited? We are! Book a tour date time well in advance. Whether it be your significant other or your grandma, make sure that whoever is helping you make big decisions for your event can come with you.
We have come up with a list of questions to ask while you are touring your potential venue. It’s important to get the most out of your tour by asking these questions about these details. There are so many different little details that will play a role in your big day. You’ll need to figure out how many people fit, what services will be available to you, how long you can have the venue for and many more details! Be sure to check out our Ceremony Vendor Question Worksheet at the end of this article to keep track of your answers at your tour!
Vendors understand that you need to know every detail in order to decide on a location for your big day. At the moment of your tour, they work for you and their purpose is to answer your questions and address your concerns. So, ask away! If you are a little more on the shy side, you might start to feel like you are being obnoxious with all these questions. Trust us, you aren’t! Take turns at asking with the person that you brought along for your tour.
These are the questions you will ask at every venue location you visit. It is important to get a good understanding of how this venue will fit in with your budget, your style, and your projected event date.
- Is our date available?
- How many people does this venue accommodate?
- Is there a reception spot on location as well?
- Is there a “Get Ready” room available for use onsite?
- Do you provide decorating services?
- Do you allow food on the premises?
- Do you allow alcohol on the premises?
- Do you have a piano or organ available for use onsite?
- Do you provide a pianist or other musician? If not, do you have a recommended musician?
- Do you have a sound system available for use?
- Do you allow outside officiants?
- What other requirements do you have for the officiant?
- Do you have an onsite event coordinator?
- Do you have onsite rooms to rent out? (If this is a ceremony and reception venue)
- Does this venue have a recommended hotel nearby?
- What is your outdoor space like?
- How many hours will our rental cover?
- Do you allow time to set up/take down before and after the event? (You will need at least two hours of setup time at your venue.)
- What parts of the venue will we have access to with our rental?
- Will your staff assist in setting up and clean up?
- How many bathrooms does the venue have?
- What kinds of restrictions do you have?
- Do you have a dress code?
- How many events do you allow on the same day? (This is very important! You do not want to have your set up time-limited because the venue booked another event right before yours.)
- What is your policy on deposits, cancellations, and refunds?
- What sets your venue aside from others? Are there any special perks?
If the Ceremony Location is Outdoors:
These questions are important to ask if you are planning an outdoor ceremony. We’ve seen beautiful garden ceremonies ruined by the horrible weather! Make sure that the venue has the proper backup options so that your event can go off without a hitch!
- Do you have a backup location in case of inclement weather?
- Do you have tents available?
- Do you have a reschedule policy? (Some venues will allow you a two hour reschedule bump for rainy days)
- Do you spray for insects, such as bees and wasps?
These questions are often forgotten or put off until later. However, these details can make a large impact on the comfort of your guests and yourself.
- What’s the distance from this venue location to my reception?
- What is the traffic usually like around the time of my event?
- Do you have parking available onsite?
- Do you provide valet services?
- Is public transportation available?
- Are there taxi services available in the area?
- Does your venue provide any shuttle services to nearby hotels?
Odds & Ends:
The questions we have here are just as important as the others, although they are often forgotten! Will your grandmother be able to hear the ceremony? Will the vision you have for a candle-lighting ceremony become a reality? Reduce some of your stress by getting answers to these questions.
- Is there a coat check? (For winter weddings)
- What is your electricity like? (This is important for your sound system.)
- Is this venue wheelchair accessible?
- Do you provide other services for disabled or elderly guests?
- Do you have decoration limitations?
- Can we have candles or open flames? Sparklers?
- Can we throw things like rice, glitter or confetti?
- Can we rearrange things?
- Do you have discounted prices for less popular days? (Friday or Sunday)
- Do you have discounted prices for your offseason? (November-March)
Ready to start asking? Use our Ceremony Vendor Question Worksheet to keep track of your answers at your tour!